Again this morning in the Free Press there was an article by Dan Lett about the fact that the Harper Government is delaying the parlement session until March. This is supposedly a big plot to avoid elections and any heat the govt would get for its actions or lack of toward the international community.
Can't we get at least one newspaper in this country that does not subscrib to government bashing? I mean is it possible that one day a week the papers can print something good about our leaders? I'm not talking about seing the PM kissing babies, cauze I think that would warrant a little bashing as well. I'd like to read about a bill that passed and is good for the people even if it isn't for others, just publish a good article once in a while.
I know most papers are left wing and it is not right to monopolize the media this way. A journalist's mission is to report the news good or bad in a neutral/non-opinionated way. (If that's a word)
On a good note, the PM has stated openly that all fighting troops will be out of Afghanistan by end 2011. It funny though, the papers keep refering to 2500 CF troops but we have at least 3500 CF members deployed for the Afghan mission. I guess we are going to keep rotating 1000 folks in and out for a few more years...until OP Sudan stands up.
No comments:
Post a Comment