I find myself in a state of pain and frustration at my fitness level. I admit I slacked off during the Christmas break but that's only two week's worth. I play hockey twice a week, and run 3 x 5k the days I'm not playing. I also do P90X at home with my wife and daughters at least 4 x week. I'm hurting all over, nursing a "sprained" ankle (no inflammation though) and no juice to push myself to run faster. I run my 5Ks in 28 mins which I know my treadmill times are slower than outside but come on. I can at least do 25-26.
I'm worried about my training program come 1 Feb when I have to log some serious miles every week to make it to the Manitoba Marathon. I need to shake this ankle problem but I can't even after a two week break, it's still super weak. It's a good thing I can run on it without pain. The only time it hurts is playing hockey and only the first few minutes then it gets numb when the adrenaline kicks in.
I guess the answer to my complaints is that I ate too much during the holidays, I don't push myself enough when I run and I keep telling myself that I absolutely don't like running indoors on a treadmill. Once I can run outside without sustaining frostbite in the first Km, I'll feel more at home and will be able to push myself against known distances in my neighborhood.
Gotta go buy some new runners too. My MIZUNOs Wave Alchemy 9(the ones who fared the best after Afghanistan) are not in any shape to be used outside. I will definitely buy the same brand and model and not make the mistake to settle for another brand like I did last March. Boy did I (and my feet) regret those ASICS.
cul8tr
2 comments:
Hey Chuck;
You're such a "techie" - blogs, iPods, watches that do everything but make breakfast,...
Perhaps you're either overtraining or just hit a plateau. Try yoga to help balance your chi!!
Doug
Moi je le sais que tu t'entraînes fort...peut-être même trop. Ton corps te le dit en étant blessé mais tu ne l'écoutes pas. Peut-être que P90X c'est de trop dans ton programme d'entraînement de course. lâche pas! Tu es mon héros.
Post a Comment